Jonas Leisure Facility of the Year 2018
Do you have the best Aquatic Facility Centre in Queensland?
If so then we want to hear about it! Entries are now being accepted for the Jonas Leisure ALFA Queensland Facility of the Year Award, to be presented at the Aquafutures International Conference in August 2017.
This award recognises aquatic facilities that have demonstrated best practice in the operation of their business and 2017 is the inaugural award.
Please note: To qualify to enter the awards the Facility must be an ALFA Queensland member and a representative should be present at the Aquafutures International Conference.
1. Outline your business:
Details of your centre/ business, facility design, number of staff, strategic plan, and total visitation numbers for the previous financial year.
2. Outline how the business is meeting Best practice within the industry, including the Royal Life saving “Guidelines for Safe Pool Operations” and any other relevant recommendation.
- Water Quality
- Pool Plant Maintenance
- Operations Manual
- Hazardous Chemical Management
- Emergency Plan/ Procedures
- Business & Market Plan / Strategies
- Business & Market plan
- Business review process
- Service Obligations
- Visitation numbers
- Innovative programs, events etc
- Example of promotion materials
- Risk Management Procedures
- Policies & Procedures implemented
- Review / Monitor of WHS documents & practices
- Equipment/ signage
- Record keeping practices
Demonstrated Best Practice in:
- Technical operations
- First Aid / Incident reporting etc
- Implementation of programs.
- Type of Programs
- Number of Programs
- Individuality of Programs
- Success of Programs
- Community initiatives programs
- Customer Services Practices.
- Outline you customer feedback practices. (Internal & External)
- How do you manage the feedback?
- Policies and procedures for managing conflict
- Philosophy on customer service etc
- Staff training / instruction
- Staff retention
- Supervision/ mentoring/ multi-skilling etc
If you think your facility has what it takes to be named the ‘ALFA Queensland Facility of the Year’ you should present a brief on your facility indicating compliance in one or more criteria categories, as shown above. Applications may include promotional material, photographs and testimonials.
NB: Please submit your supporting documentation in the same order as the criteria has been set out – this makes assessing your facility a much smoother process. It is essential to include supportive evidence / examples of the listed criteria. Submissions must be received by COB Friday 6th of July 2018.
For more information contact ALFA Queensland at firstname.lastname@example.org