ALFAQ latest Info was themed around Safety, Swim Schools and Facility Automation for commercial pool setting. Held on Thursday 2nd August at the Splash Pool & Spa Trade Show, ALAFQ would like to thank the Gold Coast Convetnion for hosting the event. Also, a special thanks to all the members and key note speakers in attendance.
Don’t miss our next ALFAQ Session 27th November, pencil it into your diary, location details to be shared soon.
This Info Session culminated with the annual awards which were included in the SPASA Awards Gala Dinner.
Safety, Swim Schools and Facility Automation Session Wrap
Our key speakers covered off a range of aspects to architecture and design for aquatic centres, including:
- Paul Barry, RLSS QLD CEO, spoke about the improvements at RSLLQ including New Lifeguard Accreditation and Public Pool Safety Research.
- David Speechley, spoke about the forthcoming updates and developments on GSPO.
- Ross Gage, ASSA – presented ASSA’s role and how it works with other associations.
- Bryn Whales, Sales Manager Jonas Leisure – delivered a great presentation on Member Automation options and how they can benefit member facilities.
- Michael Bystram, Manager of Centaman Entrance Control – informed member about Gate Automation and different styles and functions for a range of facilities.
- John, Brauer Industries – Chemical Automation and introduced members to a new technology using Spectrophotometry to test water quality and contaminents.
- Jon Maskell, Fluidra / AstralPool – Filtration Control using a new product traditionally used for agricultural industries.
Download the presentations: